Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shawn Hannity's Worthless Religion

Today, Shawn Hannity showed once again how Catholics really feel about God, when he said on his radio show,

"I don't care what a person says or does, I really don't." And this is the same Shawn Hannity who a few days ago entertained being president, saying, "I've never made a decision in my life without [God] – whatever destiny God has you've got to fulfill it, I'm not sure that's my destiny." when another evil Catholic, Phil Cunningham, tried to persuade him, again, to become president. There is even a problem with him saying that, despite it sounding good:

1) You don't need to know God's will for your destiny to be carried out by God, so Shawn wrongly implied (like a typical God-hater) is that we share in controlling our destiny by knowing God's will (and who in the Hell knows God's will besides what the Bible tells us about it?).

2) For Shawn, as a Catholic, to speak about God destining anything is AGAINST official Catholic doctrine, which teaches that we must earn our forgiveness by good deeds and keep it by obedience to God's Law.

3) It's also hypocritical of Shawn to teach that God destines anyone since Catholics vilify "Hyper-"Calvinists (Christians who teach God destines everything) and Calvinists in general for teaching that God destines who will be forgiven (and therefore who won't be forgiven).

But does this mean Shawn isn't a Catholic and that I've therefore wrongly attacked Catholics? No: Catholics often contradict themselves like this, especially when they are being show-offs for the world, trying to sound and look wise and holy rather than actually say what is wise and actually being holy. They let their mouths babble, being careless about what God's will really is, ironically. I am reminded of this verse again:

The Lord says:
These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are
far from me. Their worship of me is made up only
of rules taught by men.
Isaiah 29:13